Monday, March 05, 2007

Lost and Found: A Story About Providence

CAPTION: Photo provided by www.flickr.com. To link to the original photo click here. When I viewed this photo I could imagine an ant carrying a contact lens.

Elisabeth Elliot writes in her book, Keep a Quiet Heart, that she received an astonishing story from Brenda Foltz, who went rock-climbing for the first time. Elisabeth Elliot published the story in her book in the Lost and Found chapter. It involves an ant finding her lost contact lens after she lost it during rock-climbing. On her way down from the mountain after having said a prayer someone asked her if anyone had lost a contact lens. There was an ant carrying a contact lens!

She describes seeing an ant carry her contact lens with enthusiasm, "Sure enough. Special delivery! I bent down, retrieved my contact from the hardworking ant, doused it with water and put it back in my eye, rejoicing. I was in awe, as if my Father had just given me, though so undeserving, a big hug, and said, 'My precious daughter, I care about every detail of your life.'"

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." - 2 Chronicles 16:9a

No comments: